Sunday, February 24, 2013

Cantored Again Today

Today I cantored again.
 
I didn't have a cold this time, on the 8 month anniversary of my mother's passing, and my father attended, so it was less stressful than last time.  It was still stressful enough that my legs were wobbly.
 
The readings were:
 
                                    Genesis 15:5-12, 17-18
                                             
                                    Psalm 27           this is what I sang ( cantored )
 
                                    Philippians 3:17--4:1
 
          Gospel               Luke 9:28-36
 
 
It was basically about the Transfiguration, where Jesus is seen to converse with Elijah ( the prophet ) and Moses ( gave the law ), on a mountaintop with Peter, James and John watching. Then a cloud overshadowed them and a voice was heard to say, "This is my beloved Son - listen to him."
 

No comments: