Sunday, October 18, 2009

HESUS JOY CHRIST - Matthew's 2 4 discussion

Sunday, October 18, 2009
Discussion of HESUS JOY CHRIST – Matthew’s 2 4

“ Next time it’s personal .“


Original text from the Gospel of Matthew, chapter 24, verse 36-41
New International Version - Matthew 24 : 36-41


36 “No one knows about that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son –d-, but only the Father. 37 As it was in the days of Noah, so it will be at the coming of the Son of Man. 38 For in the days before the flood, people were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, up to the Noah entered the ark; 39 and they knew nothing about what would happen until the flood came and took them all away. That is how it will be at the coming of the Son of Man. 40 Two men will be in the field; one will be taken and the other left. 41 Two woman will be grinding with a hand mill; one will be taken and the other left. “

-d—Some manuscripts do not have nor the Son .

First paraphrasing draft: January – February 2009

· That is how it will be at the coming of the Son of Man.
· Each at his own time yet under the same circumstances as shared with others.
· Everyone is going about their days as the Son of Man comes for you .

· It is personal .

Second paraphrasing draft: March 2009
· Second time’s . . . .

· This time it’s personal !

· Next time’s personal !



Final paraphrasing draft: April 16, 2009

* Next time it’s personal .



Sunday October 18, 2009

This too seems pretty obvious to me . Jesus, as well as a tradesman talking to his apprentices, and leading them on with colorful images as they have asked his elocution on this topic, is talking about the spirit in the only way possible – concrete language and examples to discuss ethereal topics !

The father knows when the child is about to step into traffic, not the passersby . It will happen as the world turns and it will happen in the presence of others yet other’s will be oblivious to this event .

An example of this personal nature of the second coming of Christ can be taken from another of my personal experiences . In the fall of 1988 I was studying psychology at York University and summarizing chapters of a textbook on the foundations of psychology in a very tongue-in-cheek way – I was unimpressed and having fun with it. I was also sorting out whether I should get engaged to be married. Anyways, the professor summoned me to his office and told me I could write about any psychology topic I want instead of tying me to the textbook “ . . as long as I get engaged . “ I almost fell out of my seat ! I’m sure my eyes exploded right out of their sockets ! This was a very personal experience and I heard something that no one else heard . Anyways, I did not complete university, nor did I get engaged or arrested .

Another example of how Jesus is talking could be the word “power” . We all know what it means but how do you know power ? Can you see it ? Perhaps in your mind . Can you measure it ? Only after measuring other aspects and computing a result . The second coming is in power and glory . It is not as an itinerant preacher so why would it even be the same as a person greeting you. Sometimes you have a revelation of a person’s true character when they are not even around or even alive ! And such a revelation can be very overwhelming – heartbreaking or life changing .



That's gotta' be enough words on this topic. Next week - next line – if animation permits .

TTFN
RDF
From the blog of R David Foster at
www.vid93.blogspot.com
vid932008@gmail.com

No comments: