Monday, April 20, 2015

Easter Vigil Exsultet 2015-04-04

http://www.frrick.org/docs/edoc/Exsultet-short.mp3

There's a link to what I cantored at the Easter Vigil, on Saturday, April 4th, . . . all 6 or 7 minutes of singing solo without accompaniment, by flashlight.  The occasion made all the difference, and I attribute my cantoring to the occasion and event, as well as practicing for a few months, by listening to a recording such as this on my ipod shuffle, as I waited for the bus or as I was walking. I practiced it so much I now have the whole thing memorized.  A little prayer such as "Lord, I am not worthy that you should enter under my roof, but only say the word and my soul shall be healed." put me in a good frame of mind for successfully cantoring this wonderful Easter Exsultet Proclamation, shorter form.

Credit for the photograph goes to the Choir Director and Organist, Leslie P.

No comments: