Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Oakville Community Spirit Award of Appreciation June 13th, 2012

Oakville Community Spirit Award Nomination June 13th, 2012
Mainly for facilitating the Oakville OASIS Drawing Bee, since March 2010, but for other help I've given
Drawing Bee participants as well, Paul Tomas and others nominated me for this award, in the Art category.
Of about 25 nominations in eight categories, eight awards were presented on Wednesday, June 13th, 2012. I was very pleased
to be nominated, as an expression of appreciation from those who know me, rather than an award from people who do not know me. Having read who the competition was, I thought they were more deserving than myself, and I was pleased just to be nominated. Everyone who was nominated received the Community Spirit Award of Appreciation.
I was up against Chloe Shackelton, and Jean Grieve. Ms. Shackelton ran an open air arts market on weekends last summer 2011. Jean Grieves taught music for 40 years and donated the bandshell to Oakville. Congratulations to Ms. Grieves for winning, and to Ms. Shackelton for her successes.

No comments: