Tuesday, October 11, 2011

HESUS JOY CHRIST / Matthew's One Too ! Discussion of verses 22 and 23, and verse fourteen .

The Website is here !!

( if still under some final construction )



http://sites.google.com/site/vid932008/




Just search vid932008 on www.google.ca to see it come up first in the list.



On this site there are almost all the blog posts in an easily accessible non-linear format, as well as all the animation dating back to 2008, and most of the other artwork and poetry.

___________________________________________________
____________________________________________________





All the animation - click here !




Since I get such a kick out of blathering on about this stuff, I'm continuing the discussion of the animation HESUS JOY CHRIST / Matthew's One Too!



Verses 22 & 23

The Gospel of Matthew, Chapter One, New International Version

22 All this took place to fulfill what the Lord had said through the prophet:

23”The virgin will give birth to a son, and they will call him Immanuel”d – which means “God with us.”

d 23 Isaiah 7:14

Isaiah 7:14 “Therefore the Lord himself will give youa a sign:

The virgin will be with child and will give birth to a son, andb will call him Immanuel.c

a 14 The Hebrew is plural.

b 14 Masoretic Text; Dead Sea Scrolls and he or and they

c 14, 8 Immanuel means God with us.



Verse 14

from the text of the animation HESUS JOY CHRIST / Matthew's One Too !

written by R David Foster

14 All this took place as fulfillment of the Law and the Prophets, as foretold by Emmanuel and will be God again with us .




Verse 14 Discussion

NIV Bible text verses 22 & 23


There is not anything that I am trying to take away from Christianity, rather I am trying to tell of and illustrate what Christianity points to, from my experience of the world and of Christianity. Jesus said he was not taking anything away from the Jewish Law but was teaching the fulfillment of the Jewish Law. All of my experience and education points me in the direction of marriage. Marriage is more than I have ever heard tell. So I am telling – GET MARRIED AND STAY MARRIED.


My experience has fulled out my education. I do not have, by any means, an exhaustive education, but by watching and listening, I have been able to integrate the little I know and build on an understanding that has repeatedly been confirmed by further experience. Then when I consider my life with respect to the infinite I proceed accordingly.


When I was in my mid teens, I was concerned about heaven and hell. Why would God create anyone so as to send them to eternal hell. This disturbed me greatly. I understood God as an infinite identity that was the infinite purpose of life and loved all of life. Yet I could not integrate the idea of a loving God creating any being for eternal punishment, let alone death. I was very relieved to read, in very small type, so that one had to lean in to read it, on an all black t-shirt of an Oakville punk co-worker, the phrase “Life is hard / Then you die.” I laughed out loud! Forget heaven and hell, it is life that counts, and death is the end. That simple phrase got me back to reality and I found great joy in it. For the next several years, I remembered that phrase so much that I painted it on the shaft of my kayak paddle, right between my hands where I could always read it, and on a paddle blade, in a way that people had to figure out what it was they were looking at. I still have that paddle displayed in my living room. I would now say that total death of any total awareness is all anyone need be concerned about.


As well, the Scientific Method, of hypothesis, testing, observation and the revision of the hypothesis, precipitating further testing, and so on, kept me busy into my late twenties, when I realized that any hypothesis can be proven wrong if there is sufficient testing, so I turned my attention to other matters in a more spiritual way.


So when things began to present themselves in light of the infinite, the Bible stories I was taught as a child took on a very real meaning, and failed to remain to be anything like a stupid kid's tale told to the naive and superstitious. For example, the story of the two sons of a vineyard owner, one refusing to work but then working, and the other agreeing to work but then not working, no longer is a fairy tale to make children obedient, but is an illustration of religious leaders saying they will lead the people spiritually and then not doing it, where the lay persons say they will not be spiritual leaders, but do lead spiritually.


When I began this path of mine, in my late teens, I encountered this fulfillment of the law and the prophets, both the God of Charleston Heston's Ten Commandments, and the United Church's support of the boat people in the late nineteen-seventies, and it has accompanied me everywhere since. This is at least like a second, as opposed to a first, coming of Christ, that repeatedly builds on the last coming. And this fulfillment of Christianity, Marriage, will be God again with us.


Immanuel, or Emmanuel, means “God with us”. This name was given to Jesus as he was God with us. Immanuel foretold His second coming, but where is it ? It is right under our noses, if we can discard the naive and stupid superstitious interpretations of religious material, just as the kingdom of heaven is at hand. Why do people cling to such obviously stupid understandings, both within the church and outside of the church? A profound understanding places God face to face with us, and the face of emmanuel is your spouse. Jesus foretold a second coming, and His teaching points to marriage, so there it is, if one can get over their hang ups about stupid ideas of God, embrace christianity and move on further to where it points – Marriage.

__________________________

Wednesday, October 5th, 2011

~~~~~~~~


No comments: